- Download and install git for your platform
- You should already be familiar the basics of using the BASH (or *sh) terminal
Learn the basic concepts, tools, and features that you will need to manage source code using the git version control system.
Develop your git skills with this holistic course for git beginners
- Creating new git repositories
- Managing existing git repositories
- Resolving merge conflicts
- Visualizing and reverting code commits
- Powerful Version Control at Your Fingertips
Learning the fundamentals of git puts a powerful and very useful tool at your fingertips. Git is free, powerful, has excellent documentation, and is quickly becoming the de-facto standard for distributed source code version control.
Content and Overview
Starting with an overview of version control systems, this course will take you through the core concepts of git and the basic commands you’ll need to interact with git. By manipulating real repositories, you’ll gain an understanding of not only “how” to interact with git, but also “why” it works the way it does.
With these concepts mastered, the course will take you through standard git workflows, showing you the basic commands for creating new repositories, interacting with existing repositories, creating and managing branches, and resolving merge conflicts.
Students completing the course will have the knowledge to create and manage git repositories in any language and platform.
Who is the target audience?
- This Git Guide is designed for developers that are new to git and want to go beyond a basic commands tutorial. Basic command line knowledge is helpful but not required and no prior programming knowledge is necessary. This course is probably not for advanced git users or those that are looking for a short, quick course.
- Lectures 11
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 2 Months
- Skill level Intermediate
- Language English
- Students 15
- Assessments Self